The Dyke House Big Local partnership have a number of small grants available to community groups and organisations in the Big Local area.
Whatever your idea is it must meet at least 1 of the key objectives of the partnership, which are:
- Increasing Income
- Decreasing Expenditure
- mproving the Environment
- Improved Belonging, Wellbeing and Health
The four programme outcomes for Big locally nationally are:
- Communities will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises
- People will feel their area is a better place to live
About our small grants fund
The partnership will support eligible groups and beneficiaries of a grant that are located in the Big Local area. You can check if your project is in the Big Local area by visiting http://www.tenyearsfromnow.org.uk/ or calling in to The Wharton Annexe, Wharton Terrace and asking a member of staff. Grants awarded are between £100 and £3000.
In addition your project must
- Be forward thinking, creative and add value to the community
- If the grant exceeds £500 then the project must be able to demonstrate how it can be sustainable beyond the initial grant allocation
Preference will be given to applications that have some match funding, either in cash or in kind, such as volunteers working on the project. One application per year, per project is allowed.
The small grants fund will not cover management overheads. Grants will cover only for delivery and project costs.